Oreck Vacuum - As Seen on TV - Review

Basically there are only 3 main differences in all Oreck uprights

Tv Trays As Seen On Tv

1. Filtration. There is the standard filtration and there is the Oreck Hypo Allergenic filtration made for people with allergies and wanting a higher grade of filtration.
2. Styles of handles. For recent models there are really only 2 different types of handles. The straight handle and the ergonomic helping handle.
3. XL2 Models. This is one of the newer models and they seem to be a little bigger with bigger bags which would increase airflow and filtration.

Tv Trays As Seen On Tv

Other than that all Orecks are basically the same as far as performance.

The selling point on these vacuums is that they only weigh 8 lbs and are very easy to use and vacuum with. Parts are readily available. An Oreck's average life span that was properly taken care of is about 12 years. The strength of this vacuum is in its brushroll. Its brushroll speed is quite a bit faster than your average vacuum and so it is a really good sweeper and a great vacuum. When you are vacuuming with one it appears to vacuum up everything in its path. This vacuum works well and is very light. A lot of elderly people use Oreck vacuums and many people who have lots of stairs (they are very easy to carry) use them as well.

I've had the Oreck XL 12 years, and I use it twice a week in a 2200 sq ft house in every room. In 12 years, I have spent 8 on maintenance of this vacuum. I replaced the belt twice, I replaced the beater brush twice, and I had to put in a new fan unit, a few weeks ago. It was so old that it has the cast aluminum fan which is no longer available. I had to replace the fan because my friend vacuumed his garage with it. He said that it even picked up nails. When I got the Oreck back, it had lost most of its suction. for a new fan belt and brush, and again as good as new. I do not understand the people who write about having problems with their Oreck. I still have my original belt in the spare belt holder under the vacuum. I keep it in case I need a replacement. From time to time, the tube will get clogged right where it attaches to the bag. You unzip the cloth bag, pull the replaceable bag off the tube, pull the clog out with your finger, stuff it in the replaceable bag, then reattach the bag. Now zip the cloth bag and you're done. This takes about 30 seconds, and Ive had to do it about 10 times in 12 years. I liked my Oreck so much, I just bought the XL 21. I compared my Oreck to my friend's Dyson animal. I had a full bag in my Oreck and vacuumed a section of carpet. He went over the same section with his Dyson, and it picked up very little. (But enough to make me skeptical of my Oreck for a spell.) I replaced the bag in my Oreck, which was well above the full line, and I had him vacuum a different section of the carpet after he emptied his Dyson. I vacuumed the same section with the new bag, and he took his Dyson back and now owns an Oreck XL.

Oreck Vacuum - As Seen on TV - Review
Tv Trays As Seen On Tv

Speaker Mounting Brackets Swivel Tv Mounts Surround Speaker Mount